Sun Sign Characteristics
Sun-sign astrology is the simplified system of astrology most commonly found in many newspaper and magazine columns. In typical horoscopic astrology, all of the planets are taken into account for interpretation. In Sun sign astrology, however, only placements affecting the Sun are used. The position of the sun is considered within one of the twelve zodiac signs depending on the month of birth. This sign is then called the sun sign or star sign of each person born that month.
Sun sign astrologers take this basic twelve-fold division and relate all the current movements of all the planets to each other, using traditional rules to divine meanings for each sign separately. Paradoxically, because the Moon has the fastest apparent movement of all the heavenly bodies, it is often used as the main indicator of daily trends for sun sign astrology forecasts.
Listed below are each of the signs with a brief description of their characteristics, and their approximate corresponding dates when the sun enters and leaves each sign using the tropical zodiac. The precise date varies slightly from year to year, owing to the leap year adjustment. A person born on the last day of a sign is on what is called the cusp.
- Aries (March 21 - April 20): Assertive, impulsive, aggressive, humanitarian.
- Taurus (April 21 - May 20): Resourceful, thorough, sometimes indulgent.
- Gemini (May 21 - June 21): Imaginative, sensitive, sometimes impractical.
- Cancer (June 22 - July 22): Tenacious, calm, sensitive, sometimes clinging.
- Leo (July 23 - August 22): Arrogant, dominating, generous.
- Virgo (August 23 - September 22): Practical, efficient, sometimes over-critical.
- Libra (September 23 - October 22): Co-operative, fair, sometimes indecisive.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21): Intelligent, cunning, sensitive.
- Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21): Intelligent, straightforward, sometimes careless.
- Capricorn (December 22 - January 20): Intelligent, ambitious, can't trust anyone easily, introverts, straightforward.
- Aquarius (January 21 - February 18): Logical, hard working, cold, detached.
- Pisces (February 19 - March 20): Passionate, kind, unconventional, emotional, sometimes obsessive.
Choose your zodiac sign for your sun sign Characteristics.
Ari | Tau | Gem | Can | Leo | Vir | Lib | Sco | Sag | Cap | Aqu | Pis